The Query Builder allows you to build a query in graphical mode. For information on the features of the Query Builder, see Features of the Query Builder.
Starting the Query Builder
The Query Builder window can be started in a number different ways:
- from the Database Explorer, select a table then use the Build Query menu item
- from the Run SQL window, click on the Query icon or Build Query menu item
- in the Database Explorer, select a view, right-click then select View as Query
- in the Data Display window, click on File > Edit SQL in Query Builder
Tabs on the Query Builder window
The Query Builder window has a number of tabs for building the query:
- the Gui tab allows you to build and visualize the query in a graphical mode
- the remaining tabs allow you to specify other parts of the query.
These are described in the following topics in this chapter.