Sybase - Admin notes
When you create a table, you will notice that columns have two parameters - Default Value and Default Object.
- Use Default Value if you wish to specify a particular value for the default. Note that you should enclose any string values in single-quotes.
- Use Default Object if you have already created a Default (using the
Create Default command) and wish to link this column to that Default.
By default, you can only drop indexes on tables for which you are the owner. If you wish to drop the index on tables owned by another user, you must first use the setuser command.
Example: to drop index custix1 on table test.customers:
drop index customers.custix1
- You cannot create or alter a role unless you are in the Master database
- When you alter a role, most of the fields will be blank. This is because the information on the role cannot be retrieved from the database. However you can still amend the fields to new values.
- The encrypted password is displayed in the password field. This is not readable, however it does show you that there is a password on the role.
- If you wish to change a role's password you must first remove the password, then set a new one. You remove a password by setting it to blank (then clicking on Run).