Deactivating your AQT License
You MUST deactivate your license if you are removing AQT from your machine. You might do this, for instance, if you plan to use the license on a replacement machine.
If you do not deactivate your license, it will be deemed to be still in use on the old machine and you may not be able to activate the license on your new machine.
If your machine dies unexpectedly, please get in touch with us so we can manually deactivate your license. You must have entered your name accurately in Your Name so we can identify the license you have been using.
Deactivating your License
- go to the Product Registration window. This can be done from Help > How to Pay and Register on most AQT windows.
- the Activation column in the grid will show you whether your license key is currently Activated.
- if your license is an AQT v8 or AQT v9 license, the Activation status will be blank and you will not need to deactivate it.
- click on Deactivate Key. You will be shown the Deactivate AQT License window.
Using the Deactivate License window
The use of this is similar to the Activate AQT License window described in Activating your AQT License.
- if you cannot deactivate online, you will need to deactivate by either the web or by email. This is a similar procedure to that described in Activating by the Web or Activating by Email.
- if you have multiple licenses (eg. a Standard Edition license plus an Edition Upgrade), you will need to deactivate both.
Deactivating by a Command
If you are running AQT v10.0.2 or above, you can also deactivate using a command.
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Advanced Query Tool v11\aqtv11.exe" -deactivate,username=%username%_%computername%
- as activation info is held in the CURRENT_USER part of the Windows registry, this command must be run by the person who activated the license. If it is run by another user (such as an admin user) it will have no effect.
- your machine must be able to contact our activation server.