AQT v10 Version Upgrade Policy
When you purchase an AQT license, you can use that version of AQT indefinitely without further charge. Older versions of AQT however may not be supported - you can continue to use them but bug fixes and new features will not be available to them. If you wish to upgrade to the current version (eg. from version 9 to version 10) an upgrade fee will apply.
Our policy for upgrading to AQT v10 from AQT v9 or an earlier version is set out below:
- the upgrade fee will be US$45 for each seat, whether AQT Standard or Extended license.
- volume discounts are available - see pricing
- there is no charge for point-release upgrades within a version (eg. from v10.0 to v10.1)
- there will be a single upgrade fee irrespective of the version you are upgrading from. In other words, you can upgrade from either AQT v8 or AQT v9 to AQT v10 by purchasing a Version 10 Upgrade license.
Standard / Extended Edition
Benefits in v10 apply to both Standard and Extended Edition.
- the same price applies for a Standard Edition license or an Extended Edition license. If you currently have a Standard Edition license, the upgrade to v10 will cost $45. If you have an Extended Edition license, the upgrade to v10 will cost $45.
You will need one v10 upgrade per seat.
- if you upgrade your Standard Edition to Extended by purchasing an Edition Upgrade license (after 1st July 2014), you will be licensed for v10. You do not need to purchase a Version 10 upgrade in addition.
Holders of historic Site licenses will need to specify the number of people using AQT and purchase sufficient version 10 upgrades to cover that number of people. Please contact us for further information or help.
Existing license-holders evaluating AQT v10
Once you install AQT v10, you will have 30 day trial period in which AQT v10 will operate normally. After this period has expired, AQT v10 will revert to evaluation mode; you must either purchase a Version 10 Upgrade license or de-install AQT v10. You will then have to reinstall AQT v9 or your earlier version.
Support for AQT v8 expired on 9th April 2012 (this is 2 years following the release of AQT v9).
Support for AQT v9 will expire on 24th August 2015 (this will be 1 year following the release of AQT v10).
If you have purchased any AQT v9 license after 1st July 2014, you will also be able to run AQT v10.
- If you purchased an AQT v9 Standard or Extended license, you will be able to run AQT v10 for that Edition
- If you have a Standard Edition license and purchased an Edition Upgrade after 1st July 2014, this will also entitle you to run AQT v10
- If you purchased a Version 9 Upgrade license after 1st July 2014, you will also be able to run AQT v10
You do not need to take any action to enable the upgrade to v9 (we will not be sending out upgrade keys). AQT v10 will automatically recognise your license key as valid for AQT v10.
Last updated on 22 August 2014
Copyright 2002-2014 Cardett Associates Ltd. All rights reserved.